Your hero got an item or new skill, but you don’t want the notification being done via normal message window? This script is the answer for that.
Here’s the Script:
Popup Window Script
It’ll show a window in the upper-right corner of your game window via script call, and disappear after a few seconds. You can customize what is inside the window.
Put the script above “Main” script so you can use it.
To use it, do a script call like this:
$popup = Window_Popup.new(“text”, width, “icon name”)
If you want the window to have a width of 400, using 001-Weapon01 icon, and displaying text “You got 3 High Potion”,
Put this on the script call:
$popup = Window_Popup.new(“You got 3 \\i”, 400, “001-Weapon01.png”)
Note: yes, it uses two backslashes to perform the specific name calling in my script, not like the normal RMXP message window that only uses one backslash.
Width is the window width. You need to specify it first.
Icon name is the name of the icon that you want to use from the Icons folder.
If you want to use the window without an icon, just put “” on the script call.
1. This script can be used for commercial or non-commercial games, only if you credit me (Black Mage) properly.
2. Put a link back to my site (burningwizard.worpress.com).
3. Tell me about the game you made. I’ll be happy to play and review your game, assumed I have some times to spare
Just in case you’re still wondering, the script is licensed under Attribution 3.0 Unported.
Version 1.0 (5 March 2014)
– You can call an item name by just typing \\i[item number] in the text.
– You can call a weapon name by just typing \\w[weapon number] in the text
– You can call an armor name by just using \\a[armor number] in the text.
– Customizable Window width.
– Icon Support.